What to Wear to Your Reunion

As the checks come pouring in, you'll find notes accompanying them. Many of them ask the question: What's the dress code?


As planner for the reunion, you are setting the tone of the party and people believe you have a "vision" of what it should look like. And maybe you do. Essentially the "place" seems to dictate the level of formality when it comes to dress code.

But there is no question that everyone wants to look their best. For the banquet hall reunion that I am planning cocktail dresses and jackets and ties would be appropriate. But my advice is: don't overdo it, and make sure you look like yourself. You don't want to put people off.

For casual reunions at the poolside, lakeside, at picnic groves, or in someone's back yard, tee shirts, shorts and bathing suits may be the order of the day. Or not. You'll want to wear what works for you, particularly as you launch into your 40th and 50th reunions. Just wear what you feel good in.

I tell people to dress comfortably, look fabulous and be prepared to have fun. I've seen men come in fabulous hawaiian shirts and women in leggings and tunic tops. I've seen tuxes and strapless cocktail dresses. It doesn't matter as long as people feel free to be themselves.

Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Check-In Table at the Reunion

How Do I Find My Classmates?

Should I Be the One to Organize the Reunion?